1. SERVICE OF THE FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT: The Client agrees to purchase and Company agree s to provide in accordance with these terms and conditions services for the purpose of inspecting and testing Client’s fire protection equipment in accordance with the terms and condition of this agreement. The Company will be permitted, at all reasonable times, to enter the Property indicated above to conduct the inspection and testing as outlined in this Agreement. The Company will be permitted to gather information, data on the Subscriber’s systems (outlined in this agreement) and retain that information, data for use as the Company deems necessary. The Company may or may not use software to collect, view and or store collected information, data in any format necessary to use as needed.
2. TERMS AND RENEWAL OF AGREEMENT: Client agrees and acknowledges that this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date or from the date of acceptance by Company whichever occurs later unless terminated as provided herein and continue for the term indicated by customer in Section III: TERM (the initial term). At the conclusion of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically extend for successive terms equal to the Initial Term unless either party gives written notice to the other party at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then current term.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT: The charge for the work agreed to be performed herein shall include all labor, as described in paragraph 4.A, per diem and travel. Client agrees to pay company for the Term(s) of this Agreement, Company’s applicable charges for testing and inspection services and for service calls as set forth under this Agreement. With approved credit, all invoices are due and payable in full according to the stated terms, net 30 days and interest at a rate of (1 ½%) on all unpaid invoices (30) days past due. If payment for work provided in this agreement is not paid when due, Client agrees to pay all costs of collection including attorneys’ fees. Charges for inspection services or rates for basic or emergency service in any subsequent year of this agreement shall not exceed 115% of the prior year.
4. INSPECTIONS AND SERVICE: For the agreed on amount, as shown on the attached Proposal, during the term(s) of this Agreement, Company agrees to provide inspection, certification, service and parts as follows:
A. Periodic inspections of the fire protection equipment described in our attached Proposal means to inspect, test, and adjust the systems to assure components thereof are operating within the manufacturer’s acceptable standards. Client will be notified, in writing, of any components found not to be within accepted operating standards. Sprinkler inspections are not intended to and will not address the adequacy of the system design or installation of systems not installed by W&M Fire Protection. W&M Fire Protection performs inspections of the sprinklers, pipe, fittings, and other components that are accessible and not in concealed spaces visually and from the floor of the facility, and only for the conditions listed in this report or as otherwise required by NFPA 25. Components will be repaired or replaced only upon written authorization of the Client and invoiced at the service rates (s) set forth under the Clarifications of the Proposal. The frequency of each inspection shall be identified within the Proposal, beginning with the first inspection.
B. Any additional work, material or services outside the scope of this Agreement, which is requested by the Client and furnished by the Company, may be provided by the Company at its sole discretion. Further, such additional work, material or services shall be delivered under the terms of this Agreement, and by execution hereof. Client acknowledges that this Section V shall be incorporated into and become a part of any order for such additional work, equipment or services.
C. If in the sole determination of the Company, and at any time prior to or during the term of this Agreement, the equipment or any portion of it cannot be adequately inspected, repaired or adjusted on-site to bring it to an acceptable condition, Company shall have the right, at its discretion, to cancel this Agreement. If, alternatively and in the sole determination of the Company, portions of the system cannot be brought up to acceptable level of operation through service and maintenance, in lieu of canceling the Agreement, Company may reduce the scope of the work and the inspection and maintenance charge shall be adjusted accordingly.
D. Repair(s), diagnosis, addition(s) change(s), relocation(s) or emergency services are not included within the inspection amount quoted. These services will not be provided without the authorization of the Client and will be invoiced at the company’s then current hourly rate for services, including travel charges and per-diem. Service calls during normal working hours will be invoiced based upon cost portal to portal and a (2) hour minimum. After hours service calls will be based upon portal to portal and a (3) hour minimum. Client also agreed to pay Company an overtime rate of (1 ½) times the hourly rate for service(s) required at other than normal working hours for the Company except for Sundays and Holidays which will be at an overtime rate of (2) times the hourly rate of service. Normal working hours for the Company are, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Service parts and applicable material will be charged out in accordance with Company’s current established pricing, not to exceed the Manufacturer’s current published list price.
E. Company, following each inspection, will provide to Customer a written “Report of Inspection” (“Report”). If required and/or with prior written authorization, Company will provide copies of the Report to the local or state authority having jurisdiction on behalf of Customer. If requested by Customer, a copy of the Report will also be forwarded to Customer’s insurance company. The Report and recommendations, if any, byCompany are only advisory in nature and are intended to assist Customer in reducing the possibility of loss to the Property by indicating obvious defects or impairments to the system(s) which were discovered by Company’s inspection and which should receive prompt attention.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABLITY: CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT COMPANY IS NOT AN INSURER, THAT CLIENT SHALL OBTAIN THE TYPE AND AMOUNT OF INSURANCE COVERAGE WHICH IT DETERMINES NECESSARY, AND THAT THE PAYMENTS MADE TO COMPANY BY CLIENT ON THIS PROJECT ARE BASED UPON THE VALUE OF THE SYSTEM AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED AND ARE UNRELATED TO THE VALUE OF CLIENT’S PROPERTY OR BUSINESS OR ANY POTENTIAL LIABILITY OF DAMAGE TO CLIENT ARISING OUT OF THE WORK PERFORMED BY COMPANY. IN RECOGNITION OF THE RELATIVE RISKS AND BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT AND TO COMPANY RESULTING FROM THE WORK PERFORMED BY COMPANY, THE RISKS HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED SUCH THAT THE CLIENT, AS WELL AS THE CLIENT’S ASSIGNS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, AGREE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND COMPANY’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS,
SUBCONTRACTORS, VENDORS, TO A MAXIMUM OF $5,000 OR THE AMOUNT OF THE CONTRACT/PRICE OF WORK BEING PERFORMED, WHICHEVER IS LESS, AND CLIENT DOES HEREBY RELEASE W&M Fire Protection FROM ANY CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF SAID LIMIT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ALL JUDGMENTS, CLAIMS, LIABILITY, COSTS, CLAIM EXPENSES, AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES (COLLECTIVELY “DAMAGES”) SUSTAINED BY CLIENT OR ANY OTHER PARTY CLAIMING BY OR THROUGH CLIENT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY, 1.) REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED, IF ANY, AS A RESULT OF THIS WORK; AND, 2.) EVEN IF THE DAMAGES ARE ACTUALLY CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY, VIOLATION OF A STATUTE, ORDINANCE, REGULATION, STANDARD OR RULE, DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, , OR OTHER FAULT OF COMPANY OR COMPANY’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, SUBCONTRACTORS, VENDORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES. SHOULD CLIENT DESIRE A DIFFERENT LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SUCH IS AVAILABLE AS AN ADDITIONAL SERVICE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST. CLIENT AGREES TO REQUIRE IT INSURANCE POLICIES TO BE ENDORSED SO AS TO WAIVE ALL RIGHTS OF SUBROGATION AGAINST COMPANY.
A. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATEVER, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
B. COMPANY DOES WARRANT THAT SERVICE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE COMPETENT AND THAT PARTS INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICE PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL MEET MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS AT THE TIME THEY ARE INSTALLED. FAILURES TO PERFORM CONSISTENTLY WITH THIS WARRANTY WILL BE REMEDIED SOLEY BY THE COMPANY DURING THE TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, BY CORRECTLY RE-PERFORMING NONCOMPLYING SERVICE(S) OR REPAIRING OR REPLACING DEFECTIVE MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY, UPON WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE COMPANY BY THE CLIENT DURING THE TERM(S) OF THIS AGREEMENT.
C. THE COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THAT THE CURRENT FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM ON THE PROPERTY OF CLIENT WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGNED AND INSTALLED IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE SYSTEM WILL PERFORM AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED OR IS SUITABLE AND SUFFICIENT FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE GIVEN THE WAY IN WHICH THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN OR WILL BE USED, RECONFIGURED OR MAINTAINED. THIS AGREEMENT IS NOT A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY THAT THE SYSTEM WILL IN ALL CASES (i) PROVIDE THE LEVEL OF PROTECTION FOR WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED, (ii) IS FREE OF ALL DEFECTS AND DEFICIENCIES, AND (iii) IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE CODES. CLIENT AGREES THAT IT HAS NOT RETAINED COMPANY TO MAKE THESE ASSESSMENTS AS PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. ANY SUCH ASSESSMENT MUST BE BY A SEPARATE AGREEMENT SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. COMPANY FURTHER DOES NOT REPRESENT, GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT ANY EQUIPMENT REFERRED TO IN THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICE OR INSPECTION PROVIDED BY IT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL RESULT IN A SYSTEM WHICH WILL OPERATE AS DESIGNED, OR IS SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WILL PREVENT ANY LOSS BY BURGLARY, FIRE OR OTHERWISE, OR WILL IN ALL CASES OR ANY PARTICULAR CASE AVERT OR PREVENT RISKS, LOSSES, OR OTHER OCCURENCES, OR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREFROM, WHICH THE EQUIPMENT OR SERVICES WERE OR ARE DESIGNED TO PERFORM, DETECT OR AVERT.
D. The Company is not responsible for any damages due to: (1) incompatibility of materials within a CPVC piping system, or (2) corrosion, or deterioration of piping due to Customer’s water supply, atmospheric conditions, soil quality, or any other condition at Customer’s facility that adversely affects the integrity of the fire protection system.
E. Company will make every reasonable effort to prevent the discharge of water into or onto areas of landscaping, decorative pavement, etc., at the Property, however it is Customer’s responsibility to provide sufficient and readily accessible means to accept the full flow of water that may be required by tests as determined by the type of inspection and to take measures to eliminate the formation of ice in any area where a slip and fall hazard could occur.
7. REDUCED PRESSURE BACKFLOW PREVENTER: BY SIGNING BELOW, CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT REDUCED PRESSURE BACKFLOW PREVENTERS (RPBP), ARE DESIGNED TO DISCHARGE WHEN CHECK VALVES ARE FOULED OR DUE TO WATER PRESSURE FLUCTUATIONS FROM CITY WATER SUPPLIES. ANY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR INSPECTION ON A FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM COULD RESULT IN WATER FLOW THROUGH THE RPBP AND POSSIBLE DISCHARGE. BY SIGNING BELOW, CLIENT AGREES TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS W&M Fire Protection FROM ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY THIS DISCHARGE OR LACK OF PROPER RPBP DRAIN PIPING AND OR RPBP DRAIN EQUIPMENT OR FAILURE OF THIS PIPING OR EQUIPMENT W&M Fire Protection WAS SPECIFICALLY CONTRACTED TO DESIGN AND/OR INSTALL THIS EQUIPMENT.
8. RESPONSIBLITIES OF CLIENT: The Client agrees to:
A. Promptly notify Company of any known or suspected trouble or malfunction in the equipment, request a hazard evaluation if there are changes in occupancy, use, processes or materials, and promptly approve correction of impairments and critical deficiencies found during any inspection. All replaced parts become the property of the Company.
B. Maintain the system per original installers instructions and manufacturer’ specifications.
C. Authorize Company, its agents and employees, for purposes of this Agreement, to enter upon the premises of Client, to repair or inspect the equipment and to make any changes or alteration to the equipment, as authorized by Client. Client also agrees to provide Company with ready accessibility to all components of systems requiring inspection and testing and appropriate working space, including adequate light, electricity, telephone access, ladders or lifts as required for Company’s use in providing service(s) under this Agreement. In addition, Client agrees to provide one individual to monitor the control panel during testing and certification.
D. Designate suitable representative(s) satisfactory to the Company as exclusive contact(s) between Company and the Client, who shall have authority to make decisions on behalf of Client concerning service of the equipment by Company.
E. Neither authorize nor permit maintenance, repairs or modifications of any kind to be made to the equipment, except by the Company or as specified and approved in advance by the Company.
F. Assume complete responsibility for the maintenance and repair of the system except as is set forth in this agreement.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. COMPANY AND CLIENT SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ONE ANOTHER HARMLESS FROM ANY EXPENSE, LIABILITY, LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE, FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ASSERTED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, CAUSED BY THE ALLEGED NEGLIGENCE OF ITSELF, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH IT, AND RESULTING FROM THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN ,OR OVERALL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SYSTEM IDENTIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
10. ADDITIONAL COMPANY RESPONSIBILITY.
A. Company will provide service calls and emergency service, upon request of the Client, subject to any delay which may be occasioned by strike, riot, acts of God or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Company, as soon as it is reasonably practical to do so. Company will make reasonable efforts to attend promptly to the emergency needs of the Client, but it can make no guaranty of response time by the company or what may be required to properly service the equipment.
B. In the event a malfunction of a type covered by this Agreement has not been remedied before this Agreement has terminated for whatever reason, any service requested by the Client thereafter may be provided by the Company in its sole discretion and at the Company’s then-current rates for services, including travel charges, per diem and materials.
C. Company will provide necessary test equipment required to perform service(s) under this Agreement.
D. If replacement parts are necessary under this Agreement, Company may provide new and /or used replacements.
11. NO CONFLICT WITH OTHER CLIENT AGREEMENTS. Client warrants that the negotiation, execution and implementation of this Agreement will not conflict with any other agreement of which the Client is aware with any other person or firm. Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company from claims of any sort by any person or firm alleging that this Agreement violates, interferes with or infringes upon any other Agreement in any way.
12. LICENSES, TAXES, PERMITS AND FALSE ALARMS. Client shall identify any rules, regulations, standards or codes with which the equipment must comply, and shall obtain and pay for any necessary licenses or other certificates of compliance for same. Client is solely responsibility for any fees, taxes (including sales taxes), false alarm fines, and any other governmental assessments related to the equipment or system operation and shall reimburse and indemnify the Company for any such expenses incurred by the Company. Client and Company are each responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses or permits needed to perform their respective obligations under this Agreement.
13. ASSIGNMENTS AND DELEGATIONS. Neither the Company nor the Client may assign this Agreement to any other person, firm or corporation without notice to or approval by the other, but Company may subcontract any activities that it may perform under this Agreement.
14. ENGINEERING CHANGES. Occasionally, manufacturers may issue non-warranty engineering changes to equipment necessary to assure proper operation of system components. If, in the opinion of the Company and Client, installation of such engineering changes requires service(s) or material(s) in excess of those incidental to a normal preventive maintenance inspection, such excess shall be paid for by the Client at Company’s applicable charges for on-call and emergency services as set forth under this Agreement provided that company will remain responsible for performance of its obligations under this agreement. Failure by the Client to have factory recommended engineering changes installed on the system will relieve the Company from further performance under this Agreement, but will not relieve the Client of its obligations hereunder. No other engineering changes or system modification are covered by this Agreement except as may be otherwise specifically provided herein.
15. INVALID PROVISIONS. If any of the parts of this Agreement shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or inoperative, all of the remaining parts shall remain in full force and effect.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This writing is intended by the parties as the final expression of their Agreement and as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms thereof. This Agreement supersedes all prior representations, understandings or agreements between the parties; there are no prior writings, verbal negotiations, understandings, representations or agreements not expressed in this Agreement, and the parties rely only upon the contents of this Agreement in executing it, and have not relied on any other representations, oral or otherwise, made by the parties, their agents or employees. Only a writing signed by each of the parties or their duly authorized agents may modify this Agreement. No waiver of breach of any term or condition of this Agreement shall be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach. This agreement shall bind and benefit the heirs, successors and assigns for the respective parties. A written Service Agreement Proposal is provided for clarification purposes and is hereby made a part of this contract.
17. RECEIPT AND REVIEW OF AGREEMENT. The Client specifically acknowledges that it has received a copy of these Terms and Conditions in its entirety, represents that it has authority to enter into this Agreement, and has read the same, understood it and agreed to its contents before signing it. Further the person executing these Terms and Conditions has the full authority of the Client to bind the Client, to the fullest extent provided by law, to these Terms and Conditions.
A. This Agreement may not be assigned by Customer without the written consent of Company.
B. This Agreement may be signed in counterparts; a signed facsimile, photocopy, and/or electronic mail of this Agreement shall be as binding on both parties just as though this Agreement were executed in its original, pre-printed form.
C. The Company for formal bid documents, is not a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. Furthermore, no DBE, MWBE or other minority program participation goals or requirements are included or inferred. Should this project involve DBE, MWBE or other minority program participation goals or requirements please advise in writing regarding the specific nature of those goals or requirements and specifically how they impact W&M Fire Protection.
Other inclusions, exclusions or attachments:
*General Exclusions: Painting, patching, underground and/or trenching, after hour, weekend and holiday labor rates, fire watch, prevailing wage/certified payroll, abatement including but not limited to asbestos and lead, water containment/disposal, conduit and wire, permit fees, scissor lifts, dampers, ground faults.
* Pricing: The pricing set forth in this Agreement is based on the number of devices set forth in Section II: Scope of Work. If for any reason the actual number of devices is higher than the number set forth in Section II: Scope of Work, the price will be adjusted accordingly.
*Coverage: Proposal above is for Test & Inspect only of above systems. All repairs, parts and services outside of above testing & inspecting scope of work is billable at W&M Fire Protection current Time & Material Rates.
*Access: During inspection, inspectors must have access to control valves, and alarm information, buried and/or non-accessible FDC check valves will be listed on the report and a recommendation for relocation under a separate contract. Inspectors must have access to all suites, apartments, units, etc. Customer responsible for notifying tenants of inspection and for gaining access in to each and every unit/apartment on scheduled inspection date(s). If multiple inspections are required due to “no access” customer will be responsible for hourly rates of inspectors at W&M Fire Protection current Time & Material Rates.
ACCESS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT CUSTOMER INITIAL ____
*On Site Inspection Repairs: Client authorizes W&M Fire Protection to perform repairs or component replacements, found to be necessary during the course of inspection, the amount of $500.00 or less, ONLY IF TECHNICIAN HAS THOSE PARTS READILY AVAILABLE ON HIS TRUCK. Any necessary repairs for an amount exceeding $500.00 will be first submitted in writing for written approval. Any repairs performed while on site during inspection will be billed on a “Time & Material” basis and subject to the terms of this Agreement. Hourly rates are provided in ½ hour increments. All labor rates are subject to change with a thirty (30) day written notice to the client.
ON SITE REPAIRS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT CUSTOMER INITIAL ____
*Cancelation/Reschedule Notice: Should the customer cancel or reschedule all or any portion of the inspection/scope without giving 3 business days’ notice to the W&M Fire Protection we will assess a scheduling impact fee. The fee shall be equal to 4 hours of our current set Time and Material rate.
*COVID-19: “Due to the existing pandemic involving COVID-19 and the constantly evolving situation, which includes shut downs of definite and indefinite durations by the federal, state, and local governments, quarantines, business shut downs, transportation interruptions, disruptions in the supply chain of certain materials, supplies, or equipment, disruptions to public services, temporary suspensions of work on site, or the unavailability or reduced availability of manpower, the parties agree that if Subcontractor is hindered, prevented or delayed at any time in the commencement or progress of the work for a cause arising from or related to COVID-19, including but not limited to any of the examples above, Subcontractor shall be entitled to an extension of the Contract time. Furthermore, Subcontractor shall be entitled to additional compensation for increased costs associated with the high demand for specified materials, for increased costs associated with any proposed substitute approved by Contractor or Owner, or any other similar cost increase outside the control of Subcontractor.”