Pets are family, plain and simple. All of us can remember that pet, whether dog, cat or something else, that was our partner in crime, always keeping us company, always adventuring with us, being there for us in our time of need. A good pet is a superhero, bodyguard, and significant other all rolled into one. It’s our responsibility to make sure they are safe. It’s the least we can do for them, which is why it’s so sad to hear what happened to those families and pets in Monterey, especially since it was preventable if people took proper fire prevention measures.
15 dogs perished when a faulty B-Air Grizzly Dryer was left on while the owner of a pet spa went to pick up more pets. One family in particular, the Owen family, was hit particularly hard. They said, “I deeply regret taking her there that day. Her name was Lali Doodle, and she was a Goldendoodle puppy, she was only 4 months old.”
KSBW reports, “In the wake of the tragedy, the couple is now looking for answers and ways to prevent incidents like this from happening again. The fire investigation report rules the fire at the pet care, boarding and grooming facility as accidental. It states the cause of the fire was a faulty B-Air Grizzly Dryer that was left on while the owner of the business went to pick up two dogs from another client. According the owner’s manual for the dryer, the device should not be left running while unattended.”
Could fire sprinklers have prevented this thoughtless tragedy? We think so. City officials do too and are currently looking into ways to improve fire prevention measures at pet boarding facilities.
Do you need a fire sprinkler system for your business? Give W&M Sprinkler a call today at 888-437-1487!