1. DEFINITIONS: “The Company” for purposes of these conditions refers to Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection and/or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and Rapid Response Monitoring Services.
2. CENTRAL STATION MONITORING: The Client agrees to purchase, and Company agrees to provide in accordance with these terms and conditions services for the purpose of monitoring Client’s fire protection equipment in accordance with the terms and condition of this agreement. This Agreement does not include furnishing, installing, maintaining, repairing, replacing, testing or inspecting any equipment, nor does it include any design, construction, alteration, improvement, repair, maintenance, testing or inspection of the Premises (the “Excluded Services”), all of which, if desired, shall be provided pursuant to a separate work order (or other agreement) executed by the Client and the Company. The Company shall have no responsibility whatsoever to provide any Excluded Services without a separate work order approved in writing by Client and the Company.
3. TERMS AND RENEWAL OF AGREEMENT: Client agrees and acknowledges that this Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date or from the date of acceptance by Company whichever occurs later unless terminated as provided herein and continue for the term indicated by Client in Section III: TERM (the initial term). At the conclusion of the Initial Term, this Agreement shall automatically extend for successive terms equal to the Initial Term unless either party gives written notice to the other party at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then current term.
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT: The charge for the work agreed to be performed herein shall include all labor, as described in paragraph 4.A, per diem and travel. Client agrees to pay company for the Term(s) of this Agreement, Company’s applicable charges for testing and inspection services and for service calls as set forth under this Agreement. With approved credit, all invoices are due and payable in full according to the stated terms, net 30 days and interest at a rate of (1 ½%) on all unpaid invoices (30) days past due. If payment for work provided in this agreement is not paid when due, Client agrees to pay all costs of collection including attorneys’ fees. Charges for monitoring services or rates for basic or emergency service in any subsequent year of this agreement shall not exceed 215% of the prior year.
5. MONITORING SERVICE: Upon receipt of a signal from Client’s equipment, the Company’s sole responsibility shall be to use commercially reasonable efforts to notify the Client and the applicable authority in accordance with standard monitoring procedures. The Company is not responsible if, for any reason, a signal is not received from Client’s equipment.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABLITY: CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT COMPANY IS NOT AN INSURER, THAT CLIENT SHALL OBTAIN THE TYPE AND AMOUNT OF INSURANCE COVERAGE WHICH IT DETERMINES NECESSARY, AND THAT THE PAYMENTS MADE TO COMPANY BY CLIENT ON THIS PROJECT ARE BASED UPON THE VALUE OF THE SYSTEM AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED AND ARE UNRELATED TO THE VALUE OF CLIENT’S PROPERTY OR BUSINESS OR ANY POTENTIAL LIABILITY OF DAMAGE TO CLIENT ARISING OUT OF THE WORK PERFORMED BY COMPANY. IN RECOGNITION OF THE RELATIVE RISKS AND BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT AND TO COMPANY RESULTING FROM THE WORK PERFORMED BY COMPANY, THE RISKS HAVE BEEN ALLOCATED SUCH THAT THE CLIENT, AS WELL AS THE CLIENT’S ASSIGNS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, AGREE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND COMPANY’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, SUBCONTRACTORS, VENDORS, TO A MAXIMUM OF $1,000 OR THE AMOUNT OF THE CONTRACT/PRICE OF WORK BEING PERFORMED, WHICHEVER IS LESS, AND CLIENT DOES HEREBY RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF SAID LIMIT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ALL JUDGMENTS, CLAIMS, LIABILITY, COSTS, CLAIM EXPENSES, AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES (COLLECTIVELY “DAMAGES”) SUSTAINED BY CLIENT OR ANY OTHER PARTY CLAIMING BY OR THROUGH CLIENT. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY, 1.) REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT OF ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED, IF ANY, AS A RESULT OF THIS WORK; AND, 2.) EVEN IF THE DAMAGES ARE ACTUALLY CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY, VIOLATION OF A STATUTE, ORDINANCE, REGULATION, STANDARD OR RULE, DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS, , OR OTHER FAULT OF COMPANY OR COMPANY’S PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONSULTANTS, SUBCONTRACTORS, VENDORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES. SHOULD CLIENT DESIRE A DIFFERENT LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SUCH IS AVAILABLE AS AN ADDITIONAL SERVICE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST. CLIENT AGREES TO REQUIRE IT INSURANCE POLICIES TO BE ENDORSED SO AS TO WAIVE ALL RIGHTS OF SUBROGATION AGAINST COMPANY.
A. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATEVER, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
B. THE COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW AND DOES NOT REPRESENT THAT THE CURRENT FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM ON THE PROPERTY OF CLIENT WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGNED AND INSTALLED IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE SYSTEM WILL PERFORM AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED OR IS SUITABLE AND SUFFICIENT FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE GIVEN THE WAY IN WHICH THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN OR WILL BE USED, RECONFIGURED OR MAINTAINED. THIS AGREEMENT IS NOT A GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY THAT THE SYSTEM WILL IN ALL CASES (i) PROVIDE THE LEVEL OF PROTECTION FOR WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED, (ii) IS FREE OF ALL DEFECTS AND DEFICIENCIES, AND (iii) IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE CODES. CLIENT AGREES THAT IT HAS NOT RETAINED COMPANY TO MAKE THESE ASSESSMENTS AS PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
8. LOSS OF SERVICE/SUSPENSION: The Company may suspend Service at any time and for any reason, provided, however, The Company will notify Client if Company suspends Service for more than 24 hours. There shall be no refund, offset or reduction in the Annual Service Fee for any suspension of Service by Company not exceeding 10 days. Company shall not be liable for loss or damages caused by delays or interruptions in Service. Furthermore, Company shall not be responsible for any fee, charge or assessment imposed by any government authority or other person in connection with any false alarms at the Client’s Premises
9. INDEMNIFICATION. COMPANY AND CLIENT SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ONE ANOTHER HARMLESS FROM ANY EXPENSE, LIABILITY, LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE, FOR PERSONAL INJURIES AND DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ASSERTED BY ANY THIRD PARTY, CAUSED BY THE ALLEGED NEGLIGENCE OF ITSELF, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH IT, AND RESULTING FROM THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN ,OR OVERALL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SYSTEM IDENTIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
10. NO CONFLICT WITH OTHER CLIENT AGREEMENTS. Client warrants that the negotiation, execution and implementation of this Agreement will not conflict with any other agreement of which the Client is aware with any other person or firm. Client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company from claims of any sort by any person or firm alleging that this Agreement violates, interferes with or infringes upon any other Agreement in any way.
11. LICENSES, TAXES, PERMITS AND FALSE ALARMS. Client shall identify any rules, regulations, standards or codes with which the equipment must comply, and shall obtain and pay for any necessary licenses or other certificates of compliance for same. Client is solely responsibility for any fees, taxes (including sales taxes), false alarm fines, and any other governmental assessments related to the equipment or system operation and shall reimburse and indemnify the Company for any such expenses incurred by the Company. Client and Company are each responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses or permits needed to perform their respective obligations under this Agreement.
12. ASSIGNMENTS AND DELEGATIONS. Neither the Company nor the Client may assign this Agreement to any other person, firm or corporation without notice to or approval by the other, but Company may subcontract any activities that it may perform under this Agreement.
A. Client agrees that Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection is authorized and permitted to subcontract any services to be provided by Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection to third parties who may be independent of Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection. Client acknowledges that this agreement, and particularly those paragraphs relating to Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection’s disclaimer of warranties, exemption from liability, even for its negligence, limitation of liability and indemnification, inure to the benefit of and are applicable to any assignee, subcontractors and communication centers of Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection.
13. INVALID PROVISIONS. If any of the parts of this Agreement shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or inoperative, all of the remaining parts shall remain in full force and effect.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This writing is intended by the parties as the final expression of their Agreement and as a complete and exclusive statement of the terms thereof. This Agreement supersedes all prior representations, understandings or agreements between the parties; there are no prior writings, verbal negotiations, understandings, representations or agreements not expressed in this Agreement, and the parties rely only upon the contents of this Agreement in executing it, and have not relied on any other representations, oral or otherwise, made by the parties, their agents or employees. Only a writing signed by each of the parties or their duly authorized agents may modify this Agreement. No waiver of breach of any term or condition of this Agreement shall be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach. This agreement shall bind and benefit the heirs, successors and assigns for the respective parties.
15. RECEIPT AND REVIEW OF AGREEMENT. The Client specifically acknowledges that it has received a copy of these Terms and Conditions in its entirety, represents that it has authority to enter into this Agreement, and has read the same, understood it and agreed to its contents before signing it. Further the person executing these Terms and Conditions has the full authority of the Client to bind the Client, to the fullest extent provided by law, to these Terms and Conditions.
A. This Agreement may not be assigned by Client without the written consent of Company.
B. This Agreement may be signed in counterparts; a signed facsimile, photocopy, and/or electronic mail of this Agreement shall be as binding on both parties just as though this Agreement were executed in its original, pre-printed form.
C. The Company for formal bid documents, is not a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise. Furthermore, no DBE, MWBE or other minority program participation goals or requirements are included or inferred. Should this project involve DBE, MWBE or other minority program participation goals or requirements please advise in writing regarding the specific nature of those goals or requirements and specifically how they impact The Company.
Other inclusions, exclusions or attachments:
* Pricing: The pricing set forth in this Agreement is based on the number of devices set forth in Section II: Scope of Work. If for any reason the actual number of devices is higher than the number set forth in Section II: Scope of Work, the price will be adjusted accordingly.
*Termination: Either party may cancel this agreement with 30 days written notice, with the exception that The Company may cancel without advance notice due to non-payment of amounts due within billing terms. Cancellation of any Service Type without Client account balance being paid in full voids any Warranty and official reports and certifications issued to the Client under this agreement
*COVID-19: “Due to the existing pandemic involving COVID-19 and the constantly evolving situation, which includes shut downs of definite and indefinite durations by the federal, state, and local governments, quarantines, business shut downs, transportation interruptions, disruptions in the supply chain of certain materials, supplies, or equipment, disruptions to public services, temporary suspensions of work on site, or the unavailability or reduced availability of manpower, the parties agree that if Subcontractor is hindered, prevented or delayed at any time in the commencement or progress of the work for a cause arising from or related to COVID-19, including but not limited to any of the examples above, Subcontractor shall be entitled to an extension of the Contract time. Furthermore, Subcontractor shall be entitled to additional compensation for increased costs associated with the high demand for specified materials, for increased costs associated with any proposed substitute approved by Contractor or Owner, or any other similar cost increase outside the control of Subcontractor.”